Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Turkey "Trot" My A**!

Okay, so you can tell from the title that I ran in a Turkey Trot.  And said Turkey Trot occurred on Thanksgiving morning.  My husband convinced me to do the 10k instead of the 5k - which probably would have been more of a trot (since I run about 5k every time I'm not doing a long distance run for training).

Well, let me just say, this was no trot.  I trotted.  Others did not.  My husband left me at the starting line and never looked back.  I thought we were running 6.2 miles for fun - but oh no, he and others were out for blood, I mean medals!  Sheesh!

Anyway, I completed my run (trot) and am proud to say I finished my first race!  It was fun, and I definitely earned the turkey, stuffing, rolls, potatoes and pie I ate later that day!!





Looking forward to the next one (race that is)!

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment