Thursday, January 16, 2014

The End Is Near

3 days.  And I think I'm in denial.  Not really - I'm actually really nervous, and super excited to complete my first half marathon!

Words cannot express how happy I'll be when this is over - I know I'm going to feel so good about accomplishing this goal.  But I have been stressing myself out the last couple of weeks, worrying that I'm not ready, and I won't be able to finish.  And then I remind myself that I'm not trying to win - just finish.

So, I head in to this weekend (praying I don't get sick, because the flu seems to be making the rounds) taking it easy, doing my last couple of easy runs, and trying to remember that even if I have to walk every couple of miles for a minute or two, I will finish.  And most of all - it will be fun!


Good luck to anyone else running their first (second, tenth, etc) race this weekend too!  No quitting - we've got this!  

~ Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment