Friday, August 28, 2015

Motivation Reality Check!

Does anyone else find themselves training for something and part way through losing motivation or focus?  Or you start to wonder why you ever started?  No?  Just me?  Okay, well then I can admit that I have faced all of these issues/thoughts in the last couple of weeks.  Although I can't tell you why.  No pain, no gain, right?

I think part of my struggle started a couple of weeks ago when I switched up my training schedule to better align with my husband's schedule.  I should have left well enough alone, but in an effort for us to see each other more and to possibly train together a couple of days a week, I moved my long run to Saturday.  Sounds like a simple move, but that shifted several other days around too, and now I feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends for a few days a week.  Talk about a motivation killer!

We've also been traveling and attending several social events the last couple of weeks, which has not only left me tired, but I've managed to get sick!  Who gets a cold in August?  In Arizona?? I do.  It's hard to focus on training, and wanting to train, when you're coughing and blowing your nose every 2 minutes!  Ugh!

But, I received an email from the TCS New York City Marathon that pointed out that the marathon is only 64 days away!!! Say what?!  Needless to say, that woke me right up and made me realize that I don't have time to lose focus and slack off!  Hello, reality check. 64 days is not that many, so I need to get my booty in gear!

Time to pound the pavement and push all doubts and negativity aside!  New York City, we're coming for you!

No more being sick and lacking motivation!

~ Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment