Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Struggling

I'm not going to lie - I've been struggling the last week and a half!  I don't know why.  I reached my first goal of being able to run a 5k!  And it seems like since then I'm having a hard time going further.

I know it's mental.  But I cannot seem to get myself out of this funk.  I moved on in my training plan and did the first day with almost no problem.  The second day - I wimped out after two miles (my stomach was upset and my hamstring hurt).  I let myself quit.  Yesterday I ran almost the full four miles but quit with 3 minutes left on the clock... the draw of my driveway and water was stronger than my will to finish!  UGH!!!

Ok, so now that I've confessed, no more quitting.  Tomorrow is a new day, and I CAN do this.  And I want to!  So, here I go with a renewed resolve to own this next mile.  And the one after that, and the one after that... you get the picture :)  And..... GO!

~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment