Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Change

This is my sixth week of consistent running and I'm finally starting to notice some changes.

As I was getting dressed to go running this morning, I noticed that there seemed to be a little less belly fat being squished by the waistband of my shorts (woohoo - added bonus for running because I definitely have a little extra weight to lose).

And as I was running this morning I noticed that I didn't have to concentrate as much on my breathing - I think it's finally becoming second nature.  Another victory!  I also ran eight minute segments and wasn't dying - I'm so proud of myself!  I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there!

Another change I've noticed is in my attitude - I like running.  And can I just tell you that in all of my 37 years, I would never have imagined I would say those words.  Ever.  I actually look forward to running now - on my days off, I'm disappointed that I don't get to run, but I know my body needs rest (since I'm still a beginner).

So here's another inspirational quote for you today:



~ Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment